Finn is now truly on the move!! He finally progressed from commando crawling which he seemed to be doing forever, to proper crawling and then to race crawling in just a few days. Inevitably, he mostly demonstrates his new skill at speed when heading towards anything he isn’t allowed. So far his favourite places are…
get link 1. The top of the stairs – which currently have no stair gate as it seems impossible to find one that works for our weird layout. (We’re working on it!)
2. The oven – although only when it’s actually on
3. The pushchair wheels – so that he can bite them
4. The fireplace in the backroom – although it isn’t used, the coal apparently tastes great
5. Anywhere on the carpet where there is a speck of dirt – he is literally like a human hoover (so much so that Richard has taken to calling him Roomba)
6. The bottom of the toilet – yes it’s gross, I mean it doesn’t matter how much you clean a toilet, it’s still a toilet isn’t it!
http://thehighlandhome.org/?page_id=89 The cheeky little boy has also immediately decided that he’d like to try standing up and cruising – I personally think he should have given us a little more time before trying such things but he is of course proud as punch.
This new found skill has inevitably created chaos in a house which wasn’t ready for it as we strive to make sure that Finn can’t get hold of things he shouldn’t have. My desk now looks like this for example…
I realise I haven’t really posted on the blog about specific milestones with Finn so far but I couldn’t resist this one because not only he is clearly loving his new found freedom, but it also seems a like a huge milestone in him changing from a baby towards a toddler. It’s incredibly exciting to watch and a reminder that this first year or so is full of change on a dramatic scale. I can’t wait to see what he does next!