Finn is now truly on the move!! He finally progressed from commando crawling which he seemed to be doing forever, to proper crawling and then to race crawling in just a few days. Inevitably, he mostly demonstrates his new skill at speed when heading towards anything he isn’t allowed. So far his favourite places are…
1. The top of the stairs – which currently have no stair gate as it seems impossible to find one that works for our weird layout. (We’re working on it!)
2. The oven – although only when it’s actually on
3. The pushchair wheels – so that he can bite them
4. The fireplace in the backroom – although it isn’t used, the coal apparently tastes great
5. Anywhere on the carpet where there is a speck of dirt – he is literally like a human hoover (so much so that Richard has taken to calling him Roomba)
6. The bottom of the toilet – yes it’s gross, I mean it doesn’t matter how much you clean a toilet, it’s still a toilet isn’t it!
The cheeky little boy has also immediately decided that he’d like to try standing up and cruising – I personally think he should have given us a little more time before trying such things but he is of course proud as punch.
This new found skill has inevitably created chaos in a house which wasn’t ready for it as we strive to make sure that Finn can’t get hold of things he shouldn’t have. My desk now looks like this for example…
I realise I haven’t really posted on the blog about specific milestones with Finn so far but I couldn’t resist this one because not only he is clearly loving his new found freedom, but it also seems a like a huge milestone in him changing from a baby towards a toddler. It’s incredibly exciting to watch and a reminder that this first year or so is full of change on a dramatic scale. I can’t wait to see what he does next!